Monday, April 21, 2014

The Why.

So ... here it is.  My first blog post.  (Is there much rejoicing?  Banners waving?  Minstrels consumed by many-headed beastie?)

This is much more difficult than I supposed.  I think I'll talk about the "why" of this blog to ease myself (and you, Dear Reader) into this Wacky and Wild (hopefully Wonderful) World of ... um, Blogging.  (Is there a "w" word for "blogging"?  "Wordsmithery", perhaps.  Also, am I using the Oxford comma correctly?) 

Ahem.  The Why.

You know, I don't know Why.  Rather, I cannot think of one, concrete Why.  A few reasons pop into my mind, but no one Reason to which I can assign blame attribute taking this desire to spew my internal crazy share my introspective gems of wisdom and growth with whoever is reading this ... Thing.  

You know what?  I'm the Mommy, and I get to do what I want to (unless it's eat a meal without being asked to share.  I can't do that).  So I'm going to make a list of reasons and you can pick whichever you think is the right one:

1 - I've been a Wanna-Be-Journaler since 1988, when my grandmother gifted me a pretty pink journal with a padded cover adorned with a shy mouse and a golden lock and key.  Most of that journal was filled with rants against the Youngest Sister, who I never learned to "just ignore" despite my mother's best efforts. 

2 - My once therapist ("Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord."  He was a good man and I look forward to seeing him again someday.)  recommended journaling to help me through The Great Divide of 2011-2012 and when/while I followed his advice I found he was absolutely right - it was therapeutic, relaxing, and helped to put my internal crazy introspection into its place.

3 - The crazies are creeping back because there's Change and I don't like Change so I mope around the house and snap for-no-good reason at the Littles and the Calm One and for (what seems to me at the time) good reason at the Matriarch.  The Littles, Calm One and Matriarch don't like this and it just makes me unhappy for being so unreasonable (because I do know that being snippy with the Matriarch is really not reasonable no matter how much I want her to be The Villain) so maybe if I document the Change here and edit for too much whining I can put it in its place.  

4 - I've spent a good part of the last 6 or 7 years reading other blogs with great enjoyment and these bloggers make it look so fun and I don't like Missing Out on Fun.  

5 - All of the above.

6 - Inside my rather ordinary exterior lurks an E. Nesbitt just waiting to burst out.  

Oh, I hope it's the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment