Friday, April 25, 2014

7 Quick Takes #1

The Calm One will be back tonight!  This was his second week in Chicago for training for HIS NEW JOB!!!  Lemmetellyasomethin' - Chicago is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ways away from San Diego.  2,077 miles away.  A 30 hour drive, sans "traffic incident".  It looks like this:  



Okay, okay.  That's if you're driving and The Calm One will be taking a plane.  Still.

I am going to be very happy to see him!


I've been playing "catch up" on Clan Donaldson and have reached February 15 of last year.  A couple years ago I did the same with House Unseen (which introduced me to Clan Donaldson).

It is very difficult to express how reading these women's blogs affect me.  Sometimes, and many of their readers have expressed this in the comboxes, it's like they're in my head.  It's like watching my life unfold and having a narrator point out different aspects that I'm missing because I'm so deep in the mire.  They have shown me the humor in potty training (talk about being deep in the mire!!!), the joy in being awakened too early by little smiling faces (or child vomit), the peace amidst the chaos of child rearing.  They share the times they yell instead of whisper, sulk instead of smile, lash out instead of step back.  They show me to myself.  And then they share what they've learned, how they've grown, and that they keep going ON and try, try, try again.  And since they're showing me to myself, I know I can keep on, too.



Ugh.  Even though Cari's shown me the humor in potty training, I still hate it.  Is it sinful that one of the comforts of having a husband who refuses to consider having another child is that I am through with potty training?


This website is funny:  www.themetapicture.com.  I have this as my desktop background and every time I see it I smirk.  





Are You Being Served? is a BBC show that ran from September 1972 through March 1985.  It's is a favorite in my family.  This is one of our favorite episodes.  The bit from 22:19 to 23:10 cracks us up EVERY TIME.




Someday I'll learn how to only put in the bit I really enjoy from youtube clips.


The Calm One just sent me a naughty text in anticipation of our reunion tonight.  We've been together for 13 years, married for 10 1/2, and he can still make me blush.  Happy sigh!

Coquades!  (Still have to write up a post on that word ...)


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment