Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Five Favorites - My First Link Up!

This is my third post and my first link up!  I'm excited, nervous and feel like the new kid in school ...  I think the best thing to do is stop babbling and jump right in.

~1~

I am loving the flocknote.com's "Pausing to Pray Lenten Reflections for Busy People."  No longer Lent, still receiving them ... not sure why because I don't read the small print and just assumed they would end on Holy Saturday but they're still coming and I LOVE THEM so I'm happy.  Here is where I should put a link but this is my 3rd post and I don't know how to do that fancy stuff so I'm just going to put a clip of what this past Monday's looked like:  


All of the reflections have been from the Diary of St. Faustina and I have not read each-and-every-one but when I do they are just what I need to hear.  Er, just what I need to read.  So far, this one's been my favorite (Diary 1674):  

"In the evening, I went in for a long talk with the Lord Jesus.  ...  
I poured out my whole heart before Him, all my troubles, fears and apprehensions.  
Jesus lovingly listened to me and then said, 
'Be at peace, My child, I am with you.'"

Peace.  Just ... peace.  

~2~

This example of The Junior Advisor's writing and coordinating art work from almost a year ago:  
Translation:  "My life is not easy.  My brother and sis are. not easy to handle."  Note the "A" in the bottom right-hand corner.  His kindergarten teacher evidently sympathized with the idea that the younger generations can be difficult.  (!!!)  Also the "." at the end of each line.  I like those, too.  And the expressions on the stick-figure Littles.  I think the Junior Advisor is yelling at The Court Jester and The Princess.  Probably about not touching his scooter (the red-wheeled item to the left).  I don't know why there's a basketball hoop in the house. 

~3~

This picture from the front of my parish's bulletin that I have on my desk at work - the bulletin from the Sunday after I began my first full-time job after (9 days short) of five years of being the SAHM I'd always dreamed of being - the full-time job I didn't want to get but was gently nudged toward by the Holy Spirit (that's a story to blog about, maybe) - the full-time job found by The Calm One at a time when we didn't like each other very much (if at all) and were struggling mightily toward ... you know what?  That's another post for another time!  Here's the picture that brings all that to my mind and fills that stressful time with His peace, His light, His hope:
Little by little I learn that He really does know what He's about.  I'm a slow learner.  Thank God He's a patient teacher!  Oh.  Thank You, God!

~4~

This picture of The Littles from last summer in Maryland:
This was one of the moments in life when I could stop, look around and realize that this is a little bit of Heaven on Earth and OH MY GOODNESS I want a porch swing in my heavenly home!!!  And lace curtains because there will be no dust or yellowing effects in my heavenly home to necessitate weekly laundering of said wispy pieces of wind dancing delight.  Because there will be breezes in my heavenly home, too.  

~5~

My work mugs.  Each has a little story that is happy for me and they're sort of ugly so no one else will steal them.  Plus they're pretty conspicuous and all the walls are made of glass so even if they did steal one I would spot the culprit easily.  And my co-workers are nice and would NEVER steal anything.
Front of the Mugs.
Back of the Mugs.
From Left to Right we have:
San Diego Botanical Garden mug - in the adorable and appropriate shape and color of a terra cotta pot with a picture of a Dragon Tree (DRAGON tree!  Oh, I love it!).  Great place to spend a day, with or without Littles.
Texas mug - in bluebonnet blue with the state flag and a paragraph of "interesting" state facts.  A Goodwill find of the m-i-l which I, er, commandeered as my own because I've lived there (in the same place and at the same time as Dwija!  And Rachael!) and she hasn't.  And she said I could have it because she's wonderful.  
Cosmos Coffee Cafe mug - I've only been to the cafe once and bought the mug because I love the shape.

That was fun!  Maybe I'll do this next week!  Thank you for hosting my first link up, Hallie!

Edit:  Obviously I figured out the link thing after the first fave and went a little overboard.  What is link etiquette?  Is it okay that I linked to Dwija and Rachael?  What say you?


2 comments:

  1. It is always ok to link to Rachael! Otherwise she could never have followed the link back and found your blog. And I am super excited to have found you. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I think that was the first comment on your blog! I got to be your first commenter?! WINNING!!!
    Also, you were a wonderful roommate. Ferrying me to and from work so I wouldn't take the bus? Wonderful.
    Also, I think I am over the trauma of the really big escalator. You can stop feeling bad about that!
    Also, I have just finished reading your entire blog. I am loving it and can't wait to read more. Have you written more yet??

    ReplyDelete